Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Asics ds trainer 19 neutral review

First impressions:
Obviously the colour impressed me...soich so that I never even saw that it was a neutral version of what had always been a stability shoe.
The upper looks VERY simmilar to that of the nike structure 17s I ran in before them.
Wouldn't surprise me at all if I was to find out Nike actually supllied them.
The inner layer thoigh is a lot softer and comfortable than that of the Nike structures.
These shoes really feel like socks.
The sole unit still has the torsion shank and gel later crashpad of the stability version even though they don't feature the dynamic duomax medial post
The modole compriaes completely of asics' solelyte, just like the gel lyte33.

Upper:
What more can I say than they're comfortable and judging by the simmilar Nike structures I'm sure they'll last aslong as the rest of the shoe.

Midsole:
The solelyte is a wonderfully soft eva mix which for me generally lacks responsiveness in shoes like the lyte33, but asics employs a trustic beam which extends into the forefoot from the torsion shank and this give the ds trainer a mix of softness and responsiveness I've never even come close to in any other shoe I've tried.

outsole:
This uses asics' ahar high abrassion rubber throughoit the forefoot which gives it a lovely soft feel.
Carbon rubber is used in the heel and it starts out as quote a jarring uncomfortable experience when heel striking but once the shoe is run in it is just as soft as landing on the mid or frontfoot.

Overall:
I have not done more than about 20-25km in ine stint in these shoes due to lack of support, but even though I am on the heavier side they held up well on those runs and I would definitely say go for it if you are looking for a lighter comfortable and supportive shoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment