Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Asics GT2170 500km review

The tread still look good and overall they are in pretty much the same shape as the day I brought them home excitedly.
No compressed mid-sole here like I had with the Pulses.
BUT, and it's a big but...I've ran three races with them and for some apparently explainable reason I've either crashed out or very nearly did with cramps all the way from my Achilles up into my piriformis muscle.
Being the know-it-all that only follows his own head I went back to my trusted old pair of Newton gravity's even though some advised against it.
So far so good.
I've done quite a few kilometers on them since then and still no pains yet.
Their medial side is starting to get severely compressed, probably due to me pronating especially when I'm tired.
During the december holidays I stopped doing faster runs so I only ran in the GT's and then for some reason the pain was back.
Haven't run in them for a while now and though I'm still in some slight discomfort it appears to be getting better even though I'm steadily increasing my distance and pace.
My final verdict is though that its an excellent shoe quality wise.
It will last forever.
For some reason it just doesn't work for me...
Whenever I concentrate on keeping my cadence up thus striking more towards my mid-foot I immediately feel the extra pressure on the ball of my foot, especially towards my big toe.
Heelstriking is wonderfully plush...right up until I've done a couple of kilometers then my knees start to hurt BAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment