Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Newton Distance S: Initial impressions

Had my first run in my brand spanking new, bright canary yellow Distance S shoes.
Only did 8km but here are a few of my initial impressions:

1. The uppers breath VERY well...but it was early and cold and my feet didn't appreciate it...hot days will be heavenly though
2. People notice them. IMMEDIATELY!!! Boy Newton sure don't make inconspicable colours.
3. The medial posting doesn't get in the way, etc uncomfortable...but just how well it works I'll still have to see but for now can confirm that my knees don't hurt.
4. The heel collar padding is quite a bit thinner than on the Gravity or Motion shoes and on only 8km the left shoe rubbed right through my sock and left my heel bloody. Right side no problems though and I have had similar problems with other shoes so time will tell.
5. Cushioning is excellent. Very comfortable to run in. I'm sure this will be a great shoe to do longer distances in.
6. Boy are they light!!! Except for the rubbing they disappear on your feet.
7. The heel obviously won't last as long because it doesn't have carbon rubber and I can already see some scuff marks...the comfort and weight advantages make it worth it in my opinion though...

Here's to many more wonderful miles...

No comments:

Post a Comment